Worldwide, nearly 13,000 businesses use OnBase by Hyland Software. That’s 13,000 businesses determined to streamline their processes better protect and store their data, and eliminate tedious work from their to-do lists. OnBase is one of Hyland Software’s biggest sellers, and it’s easy to see why; the solution has something for everyone, all aimed at digitizing once-manual processes to improve employee productivity. OnBase is an ever-changing solution that is constantly being revamped to better aid its users. One of the most common “upgrades” is additional integration capabilities. Today, we wanted to discuss a few of the most popular integrations and what they can do for your business.
OnBase Integration with Salesforce
By far, one of the most popular and beneficial OnBase integrations is with Salesforce, a leader in the cloud-based CRM space. The integration provides an intuitive way for users
to access content from their Salesforce screens while providing a flexible and secure content services platform. There are a wide variety of features that can be unlocked with the integration, all of which are designed to improve communication between the two systems to offer you faster and more convenient access to everything you need. Take a look at some of the key features:
- Embedded Retrieval: a sort and filter functionality that allows users to narrow down documents in the Salesforce record to quickly find what is needed
- Built-In Content Viewer: work with any file format without having to download anything or rely on third-party software
- Workflow Processing: make decisions and execute ad-hoc tasks directly from Salesforce
- Salesforce Mobile App: view OnBase documents, capture with your camera, and look over Workflow features from mobile devices
There are many other features as well, but these are some of the standouts. While these features are obviously great, you’re probably wondering what they can do for you. At the most general level, the OnBase integration with Salesforce will help your business manage and refer to documents without having to constantly switch between applications. Users can import, search, and retrieve documents directly from corresponding Salesforce records, all within a single SF UI. This provides a complete view of data related to customers, prospects, vendors, and associated transactions.
By providing additional information within the Salesforce dashboard, increasing access and transparency, and streamlining document searches, the OnBase integration with Salesforce can help staff in just about every facet of your business. Common job roles that benefit from the integration include: account services, claims, customer service, operations, professional services, accounting, contract/vendor management, and administration.
OnBase and Workday
Workday is an extremely popular business application that specializes in Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Management, and Financial Management
applications. Workday is used mainly by medium or large companies and is designed to aid in the overall process development and organization within the business. The OnBase integration with Workday provides organizations the ability to expedite document capture, validate data, and access invoice-related documents directly from Workday. Let’s look at some of those features more carefully:
- Multiple channels for intelligent capture: customizable options for businesses to help minimize keying of data and improve organization of all content
- Data verification: automatically ensure that indexing is correct and in sync with the official invoice record
- Flexible exceptions: users have the ability to create exceptions that can override the global system setting for particular accounts, customers, etc.
- Automatic synchronization: Changes made to one app (OnBase or Workday) are automatically repeated in the other app. This way, all records contain the same information and stay up to date
How do these features help you? The OnBase integration with Workday speeds up approval and posting of invoices with increased visibility into your transactions. This solution complements Workday Financial Management to capture invoice data, manage exceptions and access related documents directly from your accounts payable (AP) records. A link is provided via OnBase for invoice retrieval directly from Workday screens. This avoids having to jump between apps and helps to speed up the process by providing everything you need in a single view.
AP Automation, workflow development, and invoice processing work together to create a digitally driven process that uses the best aspects of both OnBase and Workday. Any team that leverages Workday will instantly see the benefits of the integration in time saved per day. Regardless of your business size, the OnBase integration with Workday will be a game changer, helping you to better track invoices and aid customers throughout the day.
OnBase Integration with ESRI
Esri is the global market leader in Geographic Information System (GIS) software. It also handles location intelligence and mapping to aid businesses in mastering The Science of Where. OnBase integration for Esri leverages both investments by connecting documents to geographic map features. Documents related to a map location can be retrieved directly from Esri with a click, eliminating inefficient application switching. With a pointandclick configuration utility, outofthe box solutions can be rapidly implemented without the cost of custom code.
GIS is a tool used widely by organizations in various industries. Esri leads the way with some of the most impressive and valuable features on the market including:
- Automatic document linking by keyword: Link OnBase documents to Esri attributes using custom keywords and metadata
- Document retrieval: from a geographical map, click to automatically retrieve all documents related to that map
- Sending documents to a map: send OnBase documents to an Esri map for location analysis. Get access to cross-references, workflow tasks, and other related data
- Geocoding options: flexible, real-time options for document import processes and archived documents
- Browser and desktop-based mapping: work freely on maps via browsers or a desktop
- Point-and-click configuration: rapidly implement map solutions with no-code configuration for immediate setup and launch of the program
GIS is a relatively niche area that not all organizations participle in, but those that do rely on it heavily. Some of the most common organizations to use a system like Esri include municipalities, federal and state government offices, utilities, energy companies, and more. With recent advances, there are even some engineering firms, construction companies, and architecture businesses utilizing GIS.
Any organization with numerous facilities can use a GIS application for management purposes and integrate with OnBase for the added benefit of linking map features to documents. In addition, Esri allows government officials to survey land, locate public records, pull up permits, reference design drawings, and track maintenance work. All associated documents are stored securely in OnBase and can be called up right in the Esri platform. Any project that relies on GIS and mapping can benefit from the OnBase integration because it helps to consolidate all data into a single place for rapid recall and reliable storage. Esri and OnBase work together perfectly to save time so it can be better used getting projects done.
OnBase can be integrated with over 500 business applications. All integrations are completed in a low-code (or no-code) environment, allowing teams to deploy solutions exactly when they need them. The three applications mentioned above are some of the most popular that we deal with, but there are integrations available to many of the apps you currently use in your day-to-day operations. OnBase is meant to streamline processes and make life more convenient for everyone involved. To learn more about the leading Enterprise Content Management tool available, visit https://imagesoftinc.com/onbase/.